1x Chelan 140 Inflatable Kayak
1x Removable Fin
1x Storage Bag
1x Halkey-Roberts Valve Adaptor
1x Repair Kit
Accessory styles may differ slightly from shown.
Looking for a class leading, top-of-the-range touring kayak? You are in the right place with Aquaglide's Chelan 140.
The Chelan 140 is one of the most versatile kayaks in the Aquaglide performance touring series. Enhanced gear storage and thoughtful, customisable options. As well as a boat that fits easily into the included backpack-style storage bag for effortless transportation and storage.
Optimised for hull speed and paddling efficiency, the Chelan 140 is perfect for tandem outings, larger solo paddlers, or carrying extra gear.
Best For: 1 or 2-person performance touring.
Capacity: 1 or 2-person | 400 lb. (181 kg) max weight.
Warranty: 1-year limited against any manufacturing defects.
Dimensions: 13ft6 (413 cm) L x 35in (89 cm) W x 12in (30.5 cm) H.
Weight: 35 lb. (15.87 kg).
Scotty Mount Screw Specs: Not Applicable
Includes: Kayak, Seats (2), Fin, Storage Bag, Halkey-Roberts Valve adaptor, and Repair Kit.
Not Included: Pump, Paddle(s), and PFD(s) (Personal Flotation Device).
Requires Halkey-Roberts Style Valve adaptor to inflate properly (included in repair kit).
The Chelan 140 is one of the most versatile kayaks in the Aquaglide performance touring series. The unique combination of rugged Duratex™ tube construction with a drop-stitch, hard-bottom floor results in a rigid and responsive open cockpit inflatable kayak. Outdoor water enthusiasts love the enhanced gear storage and thoughtful, customizable options. At only 33-pounds, this boat fits easily into the included backpack-style storage bag for effortless transportation and storage. Optimised for hull speed and paddling efficiency, the Chelan 140 is perfect for tandem outings, larger solo paddlers, or carrying extra gear.
Key Technical Features
- Duratex™– reinforced PVC is lightweight, stiff, and extremely durable
- Drop-stitchFloor – provides durability, rigidity, and optimal performance
- MOLLE Plates– with included mesh bags provide a customizable gear carrying system
- Universal Accessory Mounts– for mounting cupholder, POV camera, rod holder, and more
- Cockpit Splashguard– keeps water out and paddler dry
- Lightweight Packable Design– weighs only 33-pounds and includes River Crossing backpack-style storage bag for effortless transportation and storage
Key User Features
- ProFormance Seats– with inflatable padded seat cushions and high backrests, provide adjustable back support and include front webbing pockets, and rear gear pocket
- Seat Backstraps– provide added tension to keep the seat firmly in position in rough water
- Posi-track Weedless Fin– increases tracking and quickly attaches to universal US Fin Box System
- Adjustable Footrests– for comfort and paddling efficiency
- Velcro Adjustment Strips– allow for personalized custom seat positions
- Deck Cargo Bungees– on bow and stern offer secure storage of extra gear
- Moulded Plastic Carry Handles– on bow and stern for comfortable carrying or lifting
- Scupper Drains– seven (7) drains open easily to drain any water from the boat
- Halkey-Roberts Type Valves– for quick and easy inflation and deflation
- WebbingTie-Down Loops – every 6”- 12” along the cockpit for attaching cooler, dry bag, or gear
- Stainless Steel D-Rings– for secure attachment of seat or gear
With inflatable padded seat cushion and high backrest, provides adjustable back support and includes front webbing pockets, and rear gear pocket
In a matter of minutes, you can transform this inflatable from a backpack to a functional watercraft.
AQUAGLIDES CHELAN: THE ULTIMATE LUXURY TOURING KAYAK
The Chelan from Aquaglide is the best inflatable kayak on the market overall according to Popular Mechanics Mag! It's super versatility and unique blend of stability and portability shone through. Along with how well it glides through the water with speed, gave it the best overall award.
This kayak performs like a hard shell but has the added benefit of packing down small so you can travel with ease - so small in fact it can travel with you in the car rather than strapped to the top.
The Chelan comes in three different sizes, which is perfect whether you want it for solo missions, or if you want to add an extra seat you can go up a size, and again if you want to fit in a seat for a child, there are so many options available. There is also ample room in the hull for all your belongings that you might wish to take along with you on your adventures.
The Chelan is a premium product and so you can be sure it will perform to your expectations and beyond. It has a unique combination of rugged Duratex™ tube construction along with a drop-stitch, hard-bottom floor, which results in a rigid and responsive open cockpit inflatable kayak.
You can be sure to take this kayak anywhere you like, go wild!
What Is Kayak Touring?
What is kayak touring you ask?
Essentially it is taking your kayak out for a cruise, this can be for a couple of hours or for a multi day adventure either on your own or with friends. It really just about getting out on the water.
What does kayak touring mean? In its simplest form kayak touring is simply taking your kayak out on the water. But the touring indicates that you prefer to travel or cover longer distances on your kayak. You might prefer to go out paddling for a few hours to get some of those nautical miles under your belt.
IS AN INFLATABLE KAYAK SUSTAINABLE?
It's no secret the materials used in inflatable products are perhaps not the most environmentally friendly, but used correctly, and built to last, there can be a sustainable solution.
We asked Aquaglide, one of the top brands globally to give us the run down on how they aim towards a more sustainable brand.
At Aquaglide, we build products that are designed to get folks outside in nature. To say outdoor spaces are at the core of everything we do is an understatement. Unfortunately, human-induced climate change threatens the places we love so dearly – and as a team of passionate paddlers and outdoorspeople, we could no longer wait to take action. So over the past year, we have rebuilt the mission of Aquaglide to focus not only on paddlers and people – but also, the planet. We are a small team, but aim to take every step we can to limit our negative impact and maximize our positive change. By doing so, we hope to inspire others within our community to become advocates for our natural spaces along the way.
CLICK HERE to read more...